More than two in five (44%) of Gen Zer homeowners (age 18-25) and over a third (35%) of Millennial homeowners (age 26-41) saying they plan to sell their homes within the next 12 months, according to the latest survey by Coldwell Banker.
Coldwell Banker commissioned the survey to understand how much they value a real estate agent’s social media presence. Findings include:
- Older Americans Value Social Media, Too: 58% of Gen Xers (age 42-57) and 60% of Baby Boomers (age 58-76) strongly or somewhat agree that they expect good real estate agents to use social media for marketing purposes.
- A Majority of Americans Agree: 61% of all Americans would expect good real estate agents to use social media for marketing purposes.
- The Social Generation: Nearly two thirds of Millennials (65%), and nearly half of Americans overall (48%), would think more highly of a real estate agent if they had a strong professional social media (e.g., Facebook, TikTok, Instagram) presence.
When considering a move to a new location, Americans say they are looking at the following criteria:
- Quality of Life (lifestyle and/or environmental elements): 94%
- Housing affordability: 93%
- Cost of living affordability: 93%
- Job market strength: 70%