Commercial brokers and appraisers are reaping the benefits of a hot real estate market, according to the 2017 Commercial Member Profile, recently released by the National Association of Realtors.
The report indicated several details, including:
- Median Gross Annual Income for Commercial Members: $120,800 in 2016, an increase from $108,800 in 2015.
- Sales Transactions Completed: Commercial members completed a median of 8-sales transactions in 2016, a decrease of one since 2015.
- Median Sales Transaction: $3,500,000 in 2016, an increase from $2,931,000 in 2015.
- Licensing: 47% percent of NAR’s commercial members are brokers, and 30% are licensed sales agents.
- Experience: 19-years experience in 2017, compared to 15-years experience in 2016.
- Median Age: The median age of commercial members remained the same as last year, at 60 years old.
- Gender: 74% of commercial members are male.
- Property Managers: Commercial members who manage properties typically managed 82,000 total square feet, representing 15 total spaces, up from 50,000 square feet and 17 spaces in 2015.
- Office Property Managers: Typically managed 25,000 total office square feet, representing seven total offices, up from 20,000 office square feet and five offices last year.