The super-expensive San Francisco Bay Area housing market seems to have plateaued, according to a research report by Property Radar.
Despite lower sales volumes, prices were still mostly higher than they were last year, suggesting that prices will need to come down if sellers want to move their properties. The Average Price of a Bay Area home is $780,000.
Annual Sales Changes in Q3 2016
- Alameda: -11.3%
- Contra Costa: -8.2%
- Marin: -15%
- San Francisco: -13%
- San Mateo: -9.1%
- Santa Clara: -10.1%
Annual Price Changes in Q3 2016
- Alameda: +4.3%, to $730,000
- Contra Costa: -1%, to $505,000
- Marin: +14.8%, to $1,137,000
- San Francisco: +9.3%, to $1,180,000
- San Mateo: +7.3%, to $1,180,000
- Santa Clara: +2.8%, to 950,750